Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ode to Jack


In a cave of fantasy,
in a cave of fallacy
Trying to live,
Trying to give
It was something new,
fine and interesting
But no, no, no,
they pull me back in

I was in a room,
Room of dreams
Reality out, reality in
Time by time
again and again
trying to solve
Something in vain

Friends at night
Unknown persons
Friends at night
venomous potions
Better than these
Friends at day
See them once
And then away

Talking to strangers?
Biiig mistake!
But what should you call
A silent rape!

A new day always arrive
Like a street whore
Of The Whatever Drive
Be sure, it will come
Like a pigeon in city
A bird of no origin
And lesser pity

Late night
And a friend
Called Jack
Family name Daniels
I thought I heard
My Jewish neighbor
Singing
The Uber Alles

Rapid dreams,
Like dreams of flow
Dreams of nothing
And dreams of vow

Here I sit
no hope to live or die
no friends or fi
but the Pope
-oh, shit!

-Sic transit-
I hear people say
-Gloria- of every
alleged lay

Greg Kondylis
August 13th, 2006

No comments: